Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2014 Winter Olympics

I have always looked forward to the Olympics when they come either in the summer or winter. When I found out they were in Russia, I was concerned that there were going to be problems, but luckily there hasn't been any major ordeals! I missed most of the Opening Ceremony because I was working, but that's okay because the best part is the actual events! My favorites are the different snowboarding events and figure skating. Both are pretty inspiring to me because I could never dream to do such things on ice or in the air like these athletes do. They all make it seem so natural and easy! The Olympics takes years of dedication, practice and passion, which most people don't have...especially if you are snowboarding with a broken rib! Watching the athletes preform is pretty exciting and makes me a nervous wreck, especially when USA is competing. Also, it's cool to see the different countries, especially the ones that I have been to like Ukraine and Italy. It's crazy to think that some of them are my age or younger and instead of going to college classes they are in the Olympics! It's also hard to say if I prefer the summer or winter games. They both have aspects that I like. The best thing that I like about the Olympics is that is when the world seems to come together despite all of the differences and troubles we all have.

Go USA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment